Koodo Community
Solved

Scam or legit offer of free phone?

I received a call supposedly from Koodo and the person offered me either an Iphone 13 or Samsung something because I have been a “good customer”. The person asked for my PIN and my email address. Apparently it is not unusual for Koodo to ask these questions by phone. 

Here is the phone number: 7782147565. I could not check if it is a legit number of not (the number is located in my town though).

I’m speaking with a representative tonight but is there anything else I can do until then?

icon

Best answer by BrunoSC 10 June 2022, 04:01

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I'll flag a Rep to confirm that particular number.

Hello @BrunoSC! That is definitely not a valid Koodo communication and there are no notes on your account to support it. You can report it to our privacy team by sending an email to privacy@telus.com.

If you’re interested to hear more about our current offers, feel free to ask the representative what options are available for your account (I’d like to mention that you can always reach an official Koodo rep by scheduling a callback on koodo.com/chat). 

Just to follow up: I had a rep who called me back. It was a scam; Koodo does not give away free phones (silly me). So I changed my password and my PIN.

Thanks for the quick replies @Goran and @Lavinia Koodo!