Koodo Community

scam calls & emails after placing order through koodo website

• 1 April 2023
  • 3 replies

After I placed an order through the koodo mobile website I started to receive scam calls and text messages that bypassed the push a button feature to continue call thing. They say they are UPS and I need to pay them.  They have my full name and address. They are calling me and texting me. This is a serious problem as koodo is not protecting my information.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That was strange. If possible can you post a snapshot of the text here? (hide/delete all personal information before posting pls). How did you know they knew your address? Did you speak to them?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

To add; To report spam, forward spam messages to 7726. The link below provides instructions for reporting spam on iPhone, Android/Windows devices and iMessage.

Report spam | Help

UPS has detailed information on other types of methods fraudsters use including examples of fraudulent text messages.

Learn to recognize fraud | UPS Canada  - scroll to heading Phone Calls, Text Messages, Letters, Faxes and Other Communications Fraudulently Using the UPS Name or Brand

View examples of text messages - pdf format

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

After I placed an order through the koodo mobile website I started to receive scam calls and text messages that bypassed the push a button feature to continue call thing. They say they are UPS and I need to pay them.  They have my full name and address. They are calling me and texting me. This is a serious problem as koodo is not protecting my information.

Have you tried to report this incident to the Anti-Fraud Centre? You can either submit it online or give them a call. https://www.antifraudcentre-centreantifraude.ca/report-signalez-eng.htm