Koodo Community
Solved

Samsung UI 6 Bricks Phone - blames Koodo

• 16 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Without warning, or agreement, Samsung blew in with their AI called UI 6. It’s not ‘Artificially Intelligent”  it’s a artificial Idiot! It brooked the phone,

It used Dark Patterns to announce itself and now, can’t do any thing with it, no Icons, no swipe, keyboard, tap, nadda. Just a screen patting themselves on the back announcing AI UI 6 has taken over and can’t do plaything expept run up a bill.

There a lot of couch wanna be tech telling people to do this, that or the other thing and don’t realize one can’t access anything on it.

Use safe mode, swap SIMs, buty another phone and try to sell the paper weight.

Samsung takes no responsibility, is unreachable, 

I no longer have a $1,200.00 paperweight., just payment to Koodo.

I know it’s not all Koodo’s fault, but I can’t keep paying for mobile service if the phone won’t even show anything but Samsungs artificial idiot saying how smart it is.

If I cancel with Koodo, do I still have to pay the fine for early cancellation? Or will I have to keep paying Koodo for next 2 years for nothing?

I hate being a corporate beta tester monkey and want them off my back so I can get a phone that treats me with some semblance or right to choose a brick or a phone.

Yes. I have a right to be very upset with these mobile providers. I’m missing appoints, important business calls, to name a few. We should have the right to reject an updates until others are finished beta testing.

~v

icon

Best answer by Dennis 16 April 2024, 22:20

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Victim 

Sorry to hear you are having issues with the device.

Unfortunately, the remaining tab and tab bonus will be charged on the final bill in case of cancelation of the services https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/things-know-about-cancelling-koodo

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Lesson learned to not update when things are working.  Don’t fix what isn’t broken.

Which Samsung phone do you have?  When did you get the phone?

What do you mean by “Samsung takes no responsibility, is unreachable“? 

Did they respond to you to take no responsibility or are the unreachable and have heard nothing from them?

Lesson learned to not update when things are working.  Don’t fix what isn’t broken.

There was no choice in the matter.  Turned it on one day and was told something about A.I. (what’s is that, Artificial Id iots?)  and UI 6.# and accept it or use it as a paperweight.

Which Samsung phone do you have?  When did you get the phone?

It’s a A-23  and began renting it  almost a full year ago May 24, 2023. Another year to go, and I’ll have to upgrade.

Did they respond to you to take no responsibility or are the unreachable and have heard nothing from them?

No to that whole sentence. I couldn’t find a contact for them. I read their agreement, and no-right-to-privacy policies and ToU from the little paper work I have. 

I ended up taking it to a shop yesterday and they got through the Welcome to  to UI6 window. $11.0.00 to get past the blocked screen. They didn't have to swap the sim.

Samsung, like any big tech, don’t have to do anything they don’t want to and answer to no one. If forums are their support medium, they are using people for free. Not good for a corporate image IMO.

I thank you very much for taking the time to help. I really do appreciate the work that volunteers do here.

~v

Hi @Victim 

Sorry to hear you are having issues with the device.

Unfortunately, the remaining tab and tab bonus will be charged on the final bill in case of cancelation of the services https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/things-know-about-cancelling-koodo

I’m new to Koodo-speak. A “tab” is what? 

Thanks,

~v

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’m new to Koodo-speak. A “tab” is what? 

The tab is the $ amount of the phone that you chose to finance over the 24 month period. The tab bonus is the discount that Koodo gave you off the phone which a prorated amount has to be paid back upon cancellation or early upgrade.