Koodo Community

Roaming vs Local explained

• 7 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Firstly I do NOT have EasyRoam while travelling to Mexico from Calgary. Can someone please clarify in each case which would be roaming and which would be local while using my Koodo phone abroad.

1. Making Call/text back to Calgary while in Mexico
  2. Making Call/text to Mexican number while in Mexico (same town)
  3. Receiving call/text from Calgary while in Mexico
  4. Receiving call/text from Mexican number while in Mexico

I am under the impression that if I call home to Calgaryfrom Mexico that it would be considered local and I would not incur any roaming/LD charges.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you don’t have easyroam everything you do would be considered roaming and would be subject to pay per use rates apart from receiving incoming texts.

Here are the rates for each activity without easy roam:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

All of those scenarios are roaming. 
If you use your phone outside of Canada, then you are using that country’s network.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Firstly I do NOT have EasyRoam while travelling to Mexico from Calgary. Can someone please clarify in each case which would be roaming and which would be local while using my Koodo phone abroad.

1. Making Call/text back to Calgary while in Mexico
  2. Making Call/text to Mexican number while in Mexico (same town)
  3. Receiving call/text from Calgary while in Mexico
  4. Receiving call/text from Mexican number while in Mexico

I am under the impression that if I call home to Calgaryfrom Mexico that it would be considered local and I would not incur any roaming/LD charges.

Everything would be charged at the pay-per-use rate as mentioned above, other than receiving text messages from any number while roaming. It is free to receive texts without incurring any fees.