Koodo Community
Solved

Roaming didn't work in Cuba but worked in the US a wek prior

• 2 December 2021
  • 6 replies

Hello!

I have an odd issue when roaming worked fine in the US and a week later in Cuba it didn’t work at all.  I wasn’t able to connect to Cuba’s mobile operator neither automatically nor manually.  The error during manual connection was “Your SIM card does not allow a connection to this network”.  How could it work in one country and not in another?  The phone was restarted - to no avail.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Allan M 2 December 2021, 06:13

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Do you have a postpaid plan?

Hi @Goran!  

It is a postpaid plan indeed

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Goran!  

It is a postpaid plan indeed

Do you have the International easy roam add-on on your plan along with the international voice & data roaming add-ons?

Hi @Allan M ,

You are right -- I only have Easy Roam, not the International Voice and Data add-on.  That’s where the problem is.  Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!

The only puzzle is why the roaming worked in the US…..  I guess the US is not a “foreign country”? :-)

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Allan M ,

You are right -- I only have Easy Roam, not the International Voice and Data add-on.  That’s where the problem is.  Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!

The only puzzle is why the roaming worked in the US…..  I guess the US is not a “foreign country”? :-)

Thank you!

Yea the international voice and data add-ons are for using your phone outside of North America. For using it I'm the states, you don't need anything special!

We're you able to find them and add them in your self serve account?

Hi @Allan M ,

Thank you!

Yea the international voice and data add-ons are for using your phone outside of North America. For using it I'm the states, you don't need anything special!

We're you able to find them and add them in your self serve account?

Hi Allan,

Yes I was.  Thank you!