Koodo Community
Question

roamig issuse

• 16 August 2023
  • 2 replies

I am travelling and turned my cellular on with roaming OFF. I then got a bunch of text messages and an email saying I was roaming although roaming was off.

when I go on Koodo it says “add easy roam” but then it also says I have easy roam. I do not want roaming on at all, but it won’t let me turn it off jn self serve because it says I can add it.

I don’t understand how I am now being charged for roaming when I had roaming off… I am worried this will keep happening. 

I can’t call Koodo, and can’t find a contact email. I am hoping to chat with someone to get this sorted as I don’t want to pay $15+ for roaming a day when I shouldn’t have been able to roam…

If anyone knows how to contact Koodo without phong, or how to resolve this please  let me know!

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You aren’t necessarily being charged for roaming when you get the text/email notifications, that just means that you have connected to a US tower.

When you say “roaming is off” do you mean the data roaming setting?

The best way to ensure everything is off is to turn your phone on airplane mode.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Where did you travel to? was it US or another country? If it was US, you can’t turn roaming off if you are a postpaid customer.

I believe the option you had in settings was “data roaming”, that option didn’t mean “roaming” off. Only data roaming was off. You also have to turn off cellular data if you didn’t want any roaming charge.

If you want to have zero roaming service, the best way is to take the SIM out or turn off the SIM card in the settings (not available in some phones).