Koodo Community
Solved

request to reverse roaming charges

• 5 March 2023
  • 8 replies

Hi.  I recently travelled to Portugal.  When I charged my phone, somehow the airplane mode was accidentally turned off.  I was charged a ridiculous $76.60 in about 60 minutes before I noticed what had happened.   I immediately turned cellular service off for the rest of the trip.  Can you kindly reverse the charges for this accidental oversight.  Thanks.   

icon

Best answer by Boa_Guy Koodo 7 March 2023, 20:46

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi.  I recently travelled to Portugal.  When I charged my phone, somehow the airplane mode was accidentally turned off.  I was charged a ridiculous $76.60 in about 60 minutes before I noticed what had happened.   I immediately turned cellular service off for the rest of the trip.  Can you kindly reverse the charges for this accidental oversight.  Thanks.   

You need to wait for the bill before anything could be done. Make sure to provide a screenshot and we can flag a rep to help you out. 

here is the statement.   Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

here is the statement.   Thanks

Can you provide a screenshot of your bill? You can click “View PDF” to access your statement. Make sure to remove any personal details, as this is a public forum.

i already sent a screenshot of the bill.  Can you please flag a rep.  thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

i already sent a screenshot of the bill.  Can you please flag a rep.  thanks!

Can you open the PDF copy and show a screenshot of the detailed charges on your bill? I can flag a rep once that is done, so they can look into your account. 

here you go..

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

here you go..

Thank you! I have flagged a rep.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there @willhinz We have looked into your account! 

The reason you have those Pay Per Use data charges is that you didn’t have Easy Roam added to your account. This is why we always suggest customers to have the Easy Roam add-on on their account, even if they don’t intend to use it.   Because it will protect you from very expensive pay-per-use charges. 

In this scenario, you would have only been charged $15 for the day, instead of $76.80. 

We have also sent you a private message with more info.