Koodo Community
Question

Reception for calls

• 13 July 2022
  • 7 replies

Dropping calls and never did this before. Telus and Koodo have changed something in my area and now i no longer get decent service. Will have to change service providers to get proper reception? Started 3 months ago for me, and don’t tell me its the phone cause it’s not. No tech support here either. WHy should we have to help each other out when we pay for a service and don’t receive it,

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Do other people with Koodo/Telus/Bell/Virgin when they’re at your place?

Yes, anyone on telus or koodo  has the same problem at my house, and I am in Surrey BC so it shouldn’t be an issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You insisted it wasn’t the phone. Which phone was it? I assumed it was the indoor signal that had issue. Was there any new construction in your area recently? (That might block some direct cellular signal from the tower) 

Also, if you are at home, try to turn on wifi calling. It might help in situations like this. 
 You could also switch carrier if other can bring better service.

Its a galaxy a51. But it does the same to my wifes s20 and my daughters iphone and to my friends who all have different phones from us. Seems to affect us for about a block radius from the house, it’s telus dead zone. But it got worse around three months ago. There is no new construction to blame it on. As for wifi calling, I don’t see why I should have to use that since I am paying for a service that worked here up until three months ago. This is a telus/koodo problem. And since there doesn’t seem to be any concern from Telus/Koodo I guess we are going to have to try a different service provider. I can’t even call from my backyard.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Its a galaxy a51. But it does the same to my wifes s20 and my daughters iphone and to my friends who all have different phones from us. Seems to affect us for about a block radius from the house, it’s telus dead zone. But it got worse around three months ago. There is no new construction to blame it on. As for wifi calling, I don’t see why I should have to use that since I am paying for a service that worked here up until three months ago. This is a telus/koodo problem. And since there doesn’t seem to be any concern from Telus/Koodo I guess we are going to have to try a different service provider. I can’t even call from my backyard.

Signal coverage isn’t a simple process can be done by a simple switch. I wished that was the case and everyone was happy. Setting up a new tower (or fixing a current tower) is costly and takes time.

Wifi calling seems to be an good choice for now. However, if you are keen on something else and demanding a perfect coverage, you can check out other options out there. Nobody stops you from doing so.

Let me clarify for you, I have been with Koodo for eight  years, and have had good reception at my house over that time until three months ago, That is when something on their end changed. I am not asking that they put in a new tower or anything of that nature. I am asking that they fix whatever they did to the reception that I had, because it was working fine until then.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Sure but I’d still activate wifi calling as a stopgap. I wouldn’t risk missing calls and such on principle but if that’s what you want to do. I’d send a private message to Koodo via FB Messenger or DM via Twitter to get a techncal support ticket opened to see what happened to cause that dead zone.