Koodo Community
Solved

Received cable modem but have no coax cable outlet and email said no tech visit for activation (Jan 30th)

• 29 January 2024
  • 6 replies

I am not sure if I received the correct equipment for Koodo home Internet and / or puzzled why no tech visit mentioned in email.

There is no cable outlet in my house. Actually there is an old
one that had old style cable TV (no Internet) that has not been
used for 10+ years.

I received a SERCOM DM1000 cable modem and Telus Boost Wi-Fi 6 router
Activation set for Jan 30th.

Currently I have DSL with Teksavvy which I will cancel only after Koodo Internet (60/10) is working for a few weeks.

icon

Best answer by Kyklist 31 January 2024, 01:45

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I don’t believe a tech comes unless it’s mandatory for the particular install.

I would assume then that the coax cable outlet you do have is supposed to be used for it. Try it out and see if it’ll work  when you do activate.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Kyklist 

Check out this article https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/how-to-find-the-coax-line-for-koodo-internet-in-your-home for more info about how to identify the coax cable and connect your equipment

Thanks  Goran & Flo Koodo

When I came home today  I never thought Koodo home internet would work on the old unused (10+ years) coax outlet on the scheduled date. On a speed test I am getting 68/10 when I signed up for 60/10. I’m a happy camper 😊.

I’m having the same issue. I did have an unused coax, but a Bell technician came to my house a couple of months ago, pulled it out of the house, and cut off the end of the cable because he said I wouldn’t need it anymore.

My self-installation date was a couple of days ago, but I’m stumped on what to do, since there’s no contact information for technical support to help me troubleshoot this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Jennifer12573 

We recommend scheduling a call back through the virtual assist: https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help, click the chat button, then select Home  Internet and request a call back. 

A support team member should be able to assist with the following steps.

Thank you @Flo Koodo, that worked!