Koodo Community
Question

question about easy roam

• 20 July 2022
  • 3 replies

I do not get cell reception in northern Ontario. Can I use easy roam to connect to other cell towers? Folks with Rogers or Bell seem to get good reception.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

I would like to be able to use my laptop. Is this possible using my phone as a hotspot?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Easyroam was designed for users who want to travel to another countries (i.e. USA). It is only active when you connected to a US tower and you would have to pay a roaming fee on top of the normal plan. It wasn’t the tool for you to connect to another Canadian tower.

Koodo is using Telus/Bell network. Technically, you should have the same coverage similar to the Telus/Bell customer. Which phone are you using btw, and was there any tower close to your location?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Berjo We share network in Northern Ontario with Bell, so you should have access to the same network coverage.  Connection is also influenced by the type of device you have, the exact area of your location, even a few feet may make a difference. Are you have a broad connection issue or in specific areas only?