Skip to main content
Solved

QUESTION ABOUT DATA

• 21 August 2021
  • 3 replies

HELLO I HAVE Recently switch from virgin mobile to Koodo , I had 8 GB of data with virgin and it lasted me almost all month I now have 17 gigs with Koodo and it doesn’t even last me a week what the heck is going on here this is a scam

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you check your usage on your phone? What does it say?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did self serve show that you have actually used 17 GB? If you've just signed up with koodo your data will be prorated based on the portion of the month remaining until your billing date. After that it will reset to the full 17 GB.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Sager4 If you look at your detailed usage (on a daily basis) you will see you are indeed using a lot of data.  However, there is no difference from carrier to carrier in terms how data  usage is calculated.  Your current usage would have been calculated by Virgin the same way.  There could be a number of reasons though, especially if you bought a new phone that should be looked at to identify what is using data. One common issue all carriers see sometime is when people think they are on wi-fi at homme, but in reality the connection to the router drops and now it’s you data from your plan that is being used.  As per some of the folks above if you can look at on your phone what exactly consuming data that would a good first step.  Hope this helps!