Koodo Community
Question

Quality of Service in Niagara Region?

• 27 August 2023
  • 7 replies

How’s the quality of service in Niagara including indoor/outdoor coverage? I’m currently with Rogers right now with no issues whatsoever, but I’d like to try out Koodo Mobile. It’d be really helpful to hear everyone else’s opinions on here!

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You could use this tool to see the network coverage in your area: https://choosehappy.koodomobile.com/network/

However, network reception depends on many other factors like terrain, indoor/outdoor position, phone models, etc. If possible, I recommend you check in with people who are on Bell/Telus/Virgin Mobile to see if they had any issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Aitreon There are lots of ways to look at network coverage. You may know that Koodo runs on TELUS’ network so quality is on par with a full service provider’s.  We even introduced 5G as part of our offering. There is little downside to sign up, especially online as you’d be saving the $60 connection fee that way. Porting a number over nowadays is also super easy. I hope this helps to add some context.

Userlevel 4

If you have an old phone, you could always get a sim and a new number and try it out for a week before porting from Rogers to ensure it works in all areas that you typically use your phone.  All cell providers can have weak signal areas, even in heavily populated areas. 

Thanks for the response everyone! Decided to switch and give it a try.

Userlevel 6

One thing you might want to consider, since you are in the Falls and across from the US border, is to manually set your phone to Koodo instead of auto select. It seems the US towers are more powerful and your phone will pick up their towers, which will cause aggravation to you on your billings for US cell service. You can read examples of the irritation on the posts here almost daily.  

Userlevel 6

Haven’t run into any issues like that @Fred C, but that’s good information to know! Thank you.