Koodo Community
Solved

Port number issue, number stuck

• 30 November 2022
  • 17 replies

Hey there,

I’ve signed up for Koodo Mobile yesterday at a Telus branch. The initial porting SMS came to my Public Mobile number, and I answered yes. 

I’ve been told the porting was supposed to be done in 2-3 hours, but nothing really happened in the rest of the day. Public Mobile SIM kept working. Something was failing.

I’ve got one more porting SMS arriving at today 11AM. I answered again, and this time Public Mobile SIM stopped working and Koodo SIM never got activated. If somebody calls the number, all they hear is that “this number is not use” and it’s extremely frustrating.

Self Serve dashboard is not really functioning, all I see is a blue box centered in the page whenever I click “Self Serve > Mobile Services tab”. 

All I’m able to see is my first name, and account number in the entire dashboard; everything else fails.

I’ve been trying to call porting center, but couldn’t reach anyone throughout the day. What are the next steps for me to get my number back, and start using my Koodo package?

icon

Best answer by rikkster 30 November 2022, 05:02

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Due to the Black  Friday sales event and the volume of new customer signs ups, the system is slower than usual. I have flagged a rep to help you with this. 

I was scheduled to get a call from 9AM from Twitter DMs with Koodo, but nobody called. It’s impossible to reach anyone at the Porting Center number after waiting for hours, it’s really ridiculous. 

I’m having the same problem with this topic: 

Since the activation hasn’t been completed koodo.com/changenumber page looks like this: 

Due to the Black  Friday sales event and the volume of new customer signs ups, the system is slower than usual. I have flagged a rep to help you with this. 

Can you possibly get a rep to send me a DM? 

I ported mine 2 days ago from PM and the same thing.. answered yes several times.. the next day my PM account was closed and nothing from Koodo, went to the Kiosk and they told me there is nothing on my account to action, no pending items, my number is gone. It’s not in their system anywhere,  and I need to contact PM for them to request another port.. not sure why as they already did their job correctly as Koodo rep told me they seen the Port request but something happened that Koodo didnt receive it, now my 20yr old phone # is missing. Absolutely terrible service and I can’t schedule a callback when I am off work and no one seems to have a clue how to help.

I’m experiencing the same issue. I also got that second porting SMS (from Telus) yesterday at 11AM and my Koodo account dashboard for “Your bill details” is just stuck on a loading screen - screenshot below.

I’m on day 2 of no service since activation.

I ported mine 2 days ago from PM and the same thing.. answered yes several times.. the next day my PM account was closed and nothing from Koodo, went to the Kiosk and they told me there is nothing on my account to action, no pending items, my number is gone. It’s not in their system anywhere,  and I need to contact PM for them to request another port.. not sure why as they already did their job correctly as Koodo rep told me they seen the Port request but something happened that Koodo didnt receive it, now my 20yr old phone # is missing. Absolutely terrible service and I can’t schedule a callback when I am off work and no one seems to have a clue how to help.

This is what I’m most concerned about. Are you sure your number is now missing? Do you see your phone # displayed on your Koodo dashboard?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’m sorry to hear this has happened to both of you. Unfortunately, my understanding is that Koodo reps cannot initiate outgoing DM’s. However, I have discovered a way to get in touch with the porting department that should put you in the queue at the very least.

According to one customer, the trick is to press 0# when asked for your phone number and that puts you into the queue for an actual agent. Expect a lengthy wait. Customer waited 90 minutes on hold. Thing is, if there’s no evidence of a number port at Koodo’s end, the call might be a waste of time.

@CalGirl let us know when you get the callback. Do you still have access to your PM account and the community? If so, contacting a moderator and submitting a ticket to reactivate your line should allow you to restart the porting process.

@Geimar I have a left a similar response on your post.

I’m sorry to hear this has happened to both of you. Unfortunately, my understanding is that Koodo reps cannot initiate outgoing DM’s. However, I have discovered a way to get in touch with the porting department that should put you in the queue at the very least.

According to one customer, the trick is to press 0# when asked for your phone number and that puts you into the queue for an actual agent. Expect a lengthy wait. Customer waited 90 minutes on hold. Thing is, if there’s no evidence of a number port at Koodo’s end, the call might be a waste of time.

@CalGirl let us know when you get the callback. Do you still have access to your PM account and the community? If so, contacting a moderator and submitting a ticket to reactivate your line should allow you to restart the porting process.

@Geimar I have a left a similar response on your post.

Why would we have to resubscribe to PM and pay monthly fee to them though? The level of incompetency is astonishing on Koodo's side.

PM closes your account as soon as the "Yes" answer has been received by them. PM Community access is there, but they can't be doing anything from their side.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Why would we have to resubscribe to PM and pay monthly fee to them though? The level of incompetency is astonishing on Koodo's side.

PM closes your account as soon as the "Yes" answer has been received by them. PM Community access is there, but they can't be doing anything from their side.

I have flagged a rep to look into this and have added the additional details you have provided.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @CalGirl 

On our end, we can see that the port is completed, can you confirm if everything is working now? 

@Geimar we have sent you a PM, please check the inbox under your community profile. Thanks! 

Hi @CalGirl 

On our end, we can see that the port is completed, can you confirm if everything is working now? 

@Geimar we have sent you a PM, please check the inbox under your community profile. Thanks! 

No, that number was ported on Sunday. This is another number that was requested  on Monday. That’s why I asked a rep to send me a DM to describe the situation.  We weren’t able to login to this community using the credentials of “not-yet-verified” number. I’d say +90% of the self-serve dashboard is unusable, like @snowbunnyyy also mentioned.

Anyways it’s basically a similar number but the last for digits are different.

I was able to get a callback after waiting entire morning, but then the agent has told us that since the verification has not been completed; he really can not help! And that I have to go back to a Koodo/Telus branch for this. 

The branch I’m usually going in downtown Calgary suggested me that their waiting time is also more than an hour, and I should try and call by myself. But when I call by myself, then the agent on the phone says I have to go and see an agent in a branch!

It’s extremely frustrating! 😥

I’ll keep writing about my experience and try to escalate the situation until it’s solved. It’s the third day and my number is lost in transition.

Today I spent 3 hours at a Telus branch while they were trying to connect a Koodo customer rep, and the initial contact took more than an hour. They instructed the Telus rep to create a temp number & that was done like after waiting there 1.5 hours on a call. They said now that Black Friday week is over, they made to sign a deal literally 2x more expensive the deal vs. the initial deal I signed up for to get my number back! 😱 

The total call took more than 2 hours even with the special line Telus supposed to have with Koodo, and in the end a technical rep at Koodo said that he re-initiated the transfer from his end, and that it should be done in 1-2 hours. That was 9 hours ago, and I’m still with the new temporary number.

I’ll give them a call early in the morning tomorrow to see what’s the latest.

@rikkster I am having the same issue on my account except I never received the text prompt for the port in at all. I was able to get a callback from Koodo yesterday but they disconnected my call after putting me on hold for over an hour. I need to speak to someone from Koodo immediately but have been unable to get a hold of anyone. I have been forced to pay for Koodo’s service for 4 days now without being able to use it. 

My old number got assigned to be again as of this afternoon, after scheduling a call back early in the morning. 

It took another an hour on the phone, but the rep made sure that it was ported in properly.

Good to hear, I got mine today as well :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@rikkster I am having the same issue on my account except I never received the text prompt for the port in at all. I was able to get a callback from Koodo yesterday but they disconnected my call after putting me on hold for over an hour. I need to speak to someone from Koodo immediately but have been unable to get a hold of anyone. I have been forced to pay for Koodo’s service for 4 days now without being able to use it. 

I’m sorry to hear this. You may want to answer Allan M’s question in your other post below.

I have exact same issue...such a bad experience since first day :( never happened before in any other country, where i lived. Koodo is way back with support.