Koodo Community
Solved

Port number from NumberBarn

• 13 October 2022
  • 3 replies

I am trying to change my phone number and don't like the options Self Serve provides. Talked to customer service and they said there's nothing they can do.

I found a service online called NumberBarn that will sell me a number that I want. They say on their site to check with your carrier if they will accept a port.

Two questions:

1) Does Koodo accept incoming number ports from NumberBarn?

2) Can I port in a number to replace my existing number (and keep my current plan)?

icon

Best answer by Allan M 13 October 2022, 02:31

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I am trying to change my phone number and don't like the options Self Serve provides. Talked to customer service and they said there's nothing they can do.

I found a service online called NumberBarn that will sell me a number that I want. They say on their site to check with your carrier if they will accept a port.

Two questions:

1) Does Koodo accept incoming number ports from NumberBarn?

2) Can I port in a number to replace my existing number (and keep my current plan)?

Yes, that is correct. You can port in a number to your line and it will replace your current one with Koodo, as long as it is not currently with Telus, Koodo, or Public Mobile. The plan will stay the same. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can use this tool to check if the number is eligible to be transferred:
https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do?lang=en&appname=otherportal

Big thing is to just make sure it’s a Canadian number.

Thanks for the quick replies. The eligibility tool says the number I'm looking at is good, so I should be good to go.