Koodo Community
Question

Port landline number to Koodo phone?

• 13 April 2023
  • 6 replies

I have been using Koodo for my cell service for a few years now. I’m currently downsizing a bit and I want to cancel my landline and start using the landline phone number on my Koodo phone. How would I go about doing that?

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It’s very simple, we have done the same and never looked back. Sign up with Koodo and get assigned a temporary number. Once everything works to satisfaction, start the process of porting in your landline. DO NOT CANCEL YOUR LANDLINE! It will be cancelled by porting your number to Koodo.

It will take 3 business days (no shortcuts there) and then you can use your old landline number as a cell number from then on.

Edit: oh, I noticed that you said you have a Koodo cellphones number. You’ll lose that if you port your landline number on top of that (you can only have one number per line)

Thank you Sophia. I’m already signed up with Koodo. I don’t mind losing the number I currently have on the cellphone. How do I start the process of porting in the landline?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That’s even easier ^_^

You’ll need to visit self serve and go to Mobile Services. Then Manage Your Number - then follow the instructions under “Transfer Your Number from Another Provider”. The hardest part is waiting for the port to finish 😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You should still be able to make calls, but receiving them during the porting process won’t happen. Just something to plan for.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thank you Sophia. I’m already signed up with Koodo. I don’t mind losing the number I currently have on the cellphone. How do I start the process of porting in the landline?

To add on to Sophia’s comment, it is important to restart your phone after the port transfer. Otherwise, it may not work properly. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

On koodo’s help page here

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/moving-your-number-koodo

For FAQ #5, they do suggest you request a call back.  

I think you are fine following Sophia’s direction, but I do know porting a land line over does take longer than a cellphone number and may run into additional difficulties.  If your port does run into any issues, just know a callback via koodo assit may be  required.