Koodo Community
Question

Ordered Phone Online, locked out of email

• 22 December 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello Koodo community, 

I have been with koodo for a long time, this account was originally used by my dad Douglas, but when I got older he gave me his phone and I have been paying/using for it ever since but have not been able to change the information of the account over from him to me.

So when I purchased a new phone online from koodo, it said that they have to review the order before they send it out and they they need additional information before they can ship it. I am unable to access the email address that the account is under as my 65 year old father is awful with passwords and there is no possible way to get in it (we have spent all day trying). 

So my question is, will the required additional information needed be sent/have to be given through the email or will they call me? and if it is sent to the email, is there anyway to change the email address it will be sent to? 

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Well, technically only the owner of the account can order phone and the email address was one of the most important id to access your online Koodo account. If you would like to take over the account, you will have to transfer the account to your name https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/transfer-of-ownership-town It is very complicated if you order a phone on behalf of your dad.

As of now, if you don’t have access to the email, you (or your father) would have to contact Koodo directly and ask a rep to assist.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Click the ‘Forgot your email’ link below to recover your dad’s email address. When you’ve recovered the email address, you should be able to reset the password. You can use Koodo Assist to reset your password by entering ‘reset password’ in the chat dialogue box.

Forgot your email

I believe the webstore sends an email for verification and additional information.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Honestly, the easiest solution is to wait for a boxing day sale and port the number over to another carrier (as long as you know the account info. If you don't, then you need to request a callback and have them reset your self serve and register for self serve again. Or just do the transfer of ownership if you are speaking to a rep. Note there. Is a $45 cost for the transfer of ownership 

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help?autobots=rollout