Koodo Community
Question

only SOS

• 7 April 2023
  • 8 replies

Hello everyone, I need help, I decided to change the operator while saving the number to koodo, I changed my first number and saved it without any problems, then I decided to add the same tariff to my wife's phone and also switched from the operator to Koodo, but as soon as I changed the card  from the old operator to the new one, my phone immediately stopped catching the network and the only SOS sign appeared. What I just didn’t do to fix it, maybe you have ideas what it could be? My wife’s SIM card is working, works on other phones ..

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you tried simply restarting the phone and removing and reinserting the SIM card?

Yes,it didn’t help:(

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes,it didn’t help:(

Can you put the old SIM card of your wife phone in the phone again to see if it was still active?

Also, when you signed into self-serve, what number did you see in your wife account? Was it the temporary number or the old number?

The old SIM card does not work, I did the transfer of the number from the old operator to the new one. The SIM card works on other phones, it does not work only on my wife's phone. The cards of Canadian operators do not work, the SIM cards of other countries work :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

From what you describe, it almost sounds as if you accidentally ported your wife's number to your own line. If that is the case, that would explain why your number stopped working.

Could that be what happened?

I added a second phone number to my account, it works on other phones, but it was on my wife's phone after saving her number that it stopped working on her phone, only SOS, on her other phone the SIM card works, on the main one where the save was made  number and operator change does not work

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The old SIM card does not work, I did the transfer of the number from the old operator to the new one. The SIM card works on other phones, it does not work only on my wife's phone. The cards of Canadian operators do not work, the SIM cards of other countries work :(

Have you tried resetting the APN settings? Does it work when you insert another SIM card to her phone? https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/setting-data-your-non-koodo-phone

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The cards of Canadian operators do not work, the SIM cards of other countries work :(

What is the model number of the phone?
It sounds like it may not have access to the proper frequencies. This is sometimes the case with international models.