Koodo Community
Question

Number successfully transferred but no signal

• 10 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Ported my number from PC Mobile to Koodo a few hours ago. My account says that my number was successfully transferred, but I still have no signal. I’ve tried removing my SIM and restarting my phone, but no luck.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @IsaG 

We have checked and we can confirm the transfer was successful. 

Have you had the chance to reset the network settings in your phone settings or test the Koodo sim card in a different phone? 

Hi @IsaG 

We have checked and we can confirm the transfer was successful. 

Have you had the chance to reset the network settings in your phone settings or test the Koodo sim card in a different phone? 

I just got a new sim since I mistakenly purchased a prepaid sim, but it says I have to wait 48 hours to get a verification code through email. Since I still don’t have service and can’t request for a callback, is there a way to get assistance through chat?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Unfortunately, Koodo does not offer a chat service. If you need a temporary phone number, you may want to consider downloading the Fongo Mobile app. You get a free local phone number and the app is available for Android and iOS devices. Fongo Mobile works over wi-fi or mobile data. You can use the phone number assigned to you from Fongo mobile to schedule a call back using Koodo Assist.

Fongo Mobile

Unfortunately, Koodo does not offer a chat service. If you need a temporary phone number, you may want to consider downloading the Fongo Mobile app. You get a free local phone number and the app is available for Android and iOS devices. Fongo Mobile works over wi-fi or mobile data. You can use the phone number assigned to you from Fongo mobile to schedule a call back using Koodo Assist.

Fongo Mobile

Thanks! Tried it and it almost worked, except it was a weekend so I couldn’t schedule a callback. I waited for 48 hours instead until my email was activated, then I was able to change my sim.