Koodo Community
Solved

Not receiving SMS verification code from overseas bank (Australia)

• 15 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I'm in Canada and can't receive SMS codes from my Bank in Australia on my Koodo number. Can anyone advise on how to fix this? It's crucial for my banking security.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Sophia 15 June 2023, 03:02

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It’s more than likely that your Australian bank won’t send messages abroad, since banks pretty much think there is only one country on earth (their own) :) 

You should contact them, and perhaps invest in an Australian VoIP number that can receive messages.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you check if your Australian back allows 2FA to Canadian numbers?

It’s more than likely that your Australian bank won’t send messages abroad, since banks pretty much think there is only one country on earth (their own) :) 

You should contact them, and perhaps invest in an Australian VoIP number that can receive messages.

Thank you so much Sophia, I bought an Australian Virtual Mobile number can use it to get sms from my bank, and it works. Thank you again.

Except as I’m finding in my own issue (mine is being flagged when it isn’t), many services only want to send to “real” phone numbers and not VoIP numbers on whatever lists they have.