Koodo Community
Question

New SIM worked briefly then stopped

• 31 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Hey folks, 

My old SIM stopped working randomly. It was pretty old so I figured it had just lived its life.

I got a new one to replace it, activated it and switched them. It worked for about 10 minutes and then suddenly stopped.

I can’t phone Koodo to ask because, well, no SIM card. 😉

I have two questions: Is there such thing as email support for Koodo? 

And, does anyone have any idea what might have happened here? Has anyone experienced this?

(In case it matters, the phone is a Pixel 6)

Thanks!

megan

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Well that is weird.  My initial thought is maybe there is something going on inside your pixel that might be shorting your sim?  But this is just a guess.  Do the sims work in another phone?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When you mentioned the new sim didn't work, what was the status showing at the top right of the screen. Did it say “no sim” or “emergency calls only”?

Also, I assumed your account was in good standing and active?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hey folks, 

My old SIM stopped working randomly. It was pretty old so I figured it had just lived its life.

I got a new one to replace it, activated it and switched them. It worked for about 10 minutes and then suddenly stopped.

I can’t phone Koodo to ask because, well, no SIM card. 😉

I have two questions: Is there such thing as email support for Koodo? 

And, does anyone have any idea what might have happened here? Has anyone experienced this?

(In case it matters, the phone is a Pixel 6)

Thanks!

megan

Did you try restarting your phone? What about resetting your network settings? Have you looked into your APN settings as well? https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/setting-data-your-non-koodo-phone

Hey everyone, thanks for the answers! 

A bit more information... 

I am leaning toward it being something to do with the phone.

My old SIM from previous phones lasted in this new phone for about a month, but started periodically dropping service pretty early before giving up the ghost completely.

The new SIM, the one that worked for about 10 minutes before tanking... It did work a second time all of a sudden briefly for a wee bit last night. And now is not working again.

So, yeah, I think it is phone-related.

I've connected with the store I bought the phone from and am going to exchange it for a new one.

Thanks everyone!