Koodo Community
Solved

New Phone

• 22 November 2022
  • 5 replies

I tried ordering a new phone online as my current one died and will not charge. It says my order was received but they need additional information to verify it and to expect to be contacted by a rep. how is that supposed to work when my phone is dead? i need a new phone before i can do anything, but it won’t complete the order. A tad frustrated. does anyone have any solutions?

icon

Best answer by Bernard Koodo 22 November 2022, 18:06

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you currently a Koodo customer? Or you are a new customer who would like to join?

They need to verify to fight against fraud. if they can't contact you, and you didn't have any other phone, I suggest you visit a Koodo kiosk

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Ryan Galloway If you could bear with us we may or may not have to reach out to confirm a few things. There are various  factors that could trigger our fraud prevention system. Sometimes there maybe false positives as well. If we need to reach out, it would be via email for you given the broken phone situation. 

@Bernard Koodo alright thank you. currently the only email i have received is my upgrade order confirmation. so i will just try to be patient.

@Dinh I’ve been a Koodo customer for over 5 years now.  I did get a reply from a koodo rep, so hopefully it will work out ok.

@Bernard Koodo 

got this email  today

“Hey Ryan,

We hope you’re doing well. We regret to inform you that we haven't been able to process your order, because the information provided doesn't match our records.

Your security is of the highest importance, and we must take precautions to protect you from potential fraud. For this reason, an agent will contact you in the next 24-48 hours to validate your transaction or call us back at *611 from your Koodo phone or 1-866-995-6636 with your order number. Please note we will make up to 3 attempts to reach you and if we are unable to verify the information, your order will be canceled.”

My phone is 100% dead and won’t charge? They can’t call me and I have no way to call them from my Koodo phone. They didn’t even explain what information wasn’t matching there records. So I’m back to square one.