Koodo Community
Solved

Network no longer allows me to connect and I'm worried I'm being sim-jacked

• 16 September 2021
  • 5 replies

Starting this afternoon the Koodo network no longer allows my phone to connect. My partner is also with Koodo and her phone is connecting to the network just fine which makes me think that something has changed regarding my account.

I’m not overdue on any bills and I don’t see any activity in the self-serve.

I have tried to schedule a callback with a rep but the service tells me they’re busier than usual right now and does not give me any option to proceed.

Right now I’m concerned that I’m being sim-jacked and not being able to contact Koodo I can’t do anything about it. The usual low level of spam/phishing junk I get has recently stepped up and I’ve seen some worrying messages that are clearly not intended for me. It might be nothing or it might be a sign that something nefarious is afoot.

Can anyone help me get in contact with a rep so we can look at the account activity?

Cheers

icon

Best answer by Nezgar 16 September 2021, 17:17

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It's a little late for that, unfortunately. I'll flag a Rep to hopefully check it out in the morning. Though you could also request a callback first thing as well.
You can check your self-serve to see if anything changed. You can also try swapping Sim cards with another phone to see if the problem follows. Have you tried restarting your phone and reinsert ing your Sim card?

I’ve tried to request a callback and the bot won’t let me. Is there another way to request a callback that skips the bot?

I’ve restarted my phone several times over the last hour with no changes. Haven’t tried swapping the sim cards yet so we’ll do that next.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

There needs to be slots still available for the day. If there are none, it won't schedule one. And it can only be done same day.

My network is back, I can stop fearing the worst.

1. Put my wife’s sim in my phone and it worked, demonstrating that my phone was still fine.
  2. Put my sim in my wife’s phone and it worked, demonstrating that my sim and account were still fine.
  3. Put my sim back in my phone and now it works as expected.
  4. … ?

I have to assume that somehow my sim had become unseated in the sim slot although it’s so snug in there I have no idea how that would happen and it’s certainly never happened before. Removing and reinserting has been enough to get it working again.

Thanks for your help, I think we can un-schedule any rep calls now.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@Morgan G

Putting SIM in a different phone triggers is a re-provisioning from the network, and then again when it was replaced into your phone… which may have helped resolve the issue. Good to hear that troubleshooting item worked, and it’s resolved though!

The other possibility is if you are in the Calgary/Aidrie AB area, there was apparently a wireless network outage there over the last few days.