Skip to main content

I’ve just opened a new account with Koodo and I’m trying to port my phone number.

My phone number is currently with voip.ms, not a traditional carrier.

In order to proceed with the port process, I need to respond to an SMS message. However, I haven’t received the SMS.

My voip number often fails to receive automated SMS messages. (This is part of why I’m switching). 

I tried calling customer service, but again can’t proceed without being able to receive an SMS message. 

Is there another number I can call to speak to a representative?

Have you tried following up with voip.ms to see if they can provide an account number to initiate the port transfer?

Hi, thanks for your response. 

Voip.ms support says to initiate the process with the new carrier (ie Koodo): https://wiki.voip.ms/article/Porting_a_Number#What_about_Porting_Out.3F

I have my account information but I don’t know how to get it to Koodo, since they’re still waiting for me to respond to a text message I haven’t gotten. 

What does it say on your Self-Serve account? Is the port transfer still ongoing or has it been cancelled?

Where should I look in Self-Serve for information on the port transfer? EDIT: oh, found it. It says “in progress”.

(When I call support and enter my phone number, it says “Your transfer request is in progress”. )

You can try calling the Koodo porting department at 1-844-232-7678 and see if they can help you complete the process.

Thanks for the tip. That’s the support line that won’t let me speak to a rep unless I respond to an SMS. But I’ll try using the web chatbot to schedule a callback and see where that gets me.