Koodo Community
Question

Moved to Austrlia - why won't Koodo let me transfer my number to another provider?

• 7 March 2022
  • 3 replies

I moved to Australia in December so I need to transfer my phone number to another provider, and I have been trying to do that since January.

Whenever my new provider sends a port request, Koodo rejects the request with the reason being “did not approve confirmation request”. Well out of 10+ port requests I have received only three approval text messages. The first message said I did not need to reply, which was obviously false. The second and third messages arrived at 1:15 AM and 3:15 AM when I was sleeping. Since there is only a 90 minute window to reply, I was not able to approve the transfer at those times. I have not received a transfer approval text since February 2nd, despite repeated transfer requests.

I have tried phoning Koodo, and of course it is impossible to talk to a human being. The customer service line just redirects you to the digital rep. The digital rep is useless for this problem. I have tried scheduling a callback multiple times, but Koodo will not call me, just send me voicemails.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If what you're trying to do is pretty a Canadian number to an Australian provider, I don't believe that is possible. The formatting of the numbers is completely different and their system isn't set up to handle it.

I am trying to transfer to a voip provider, not an Australian provider. You are correct in that you can’t transfer a Canadian number to an Australian provider.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I am trying to transfer to a voip provider, not an Australian provider. You are correct in that you can’t transfer a Canadian number to an Australian provider.

So they did send the SMS confirmation? if so, I suggest you try to do it in your early morning time so you are awake to respond to the text.

If you received voicemail (I assumed you enable roaming in Australia), you might have blocked the Koodo call back (1-866-995-6636). I suggest you check if that was the case. Another way is to chat with a rep via Facebook/Twitter messaging (links at the bottom of this forum page).