Koodo Community
Solved

Message from Koodo re: Roaming

• 13 April 2022
  • 9 replies

I received the attached email from Koodo shortly after we crossed from Canada to USA. This is my phone.   I have Easy Roam. I activated it from Canada on March 22.  I don’t know whether something is broken or whether I’ve lost Easy Roam. My statement for the period ending April 9 shows two days of usage at $11 each which is accurate. I thought I’d continue to pay $11 per day of use.  This message contradicts this. What is the true charge? 

Also, the originator of the message doesn’t seem to know who I am, or the fact that I do have Easy Roam. Very impersonal!

Thanks,

Gil

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 14 April 2022, 05:16

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The price changed to 12 dollars a day on 1 April. So the message being received after that date would reflect the correct rate. You can also see it on Koodo’s site for easy roam:

https://www.koodomobile.com/easyroam

Interesting! My April 9 bill reflects  charges dated April 7 & 9 as $11.00  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you switched to the $11/day easy roam rate prior to April during the $60 cap promo period then your easy roam rate should be $11/day.

I wouldn't rely on that email. Does it say in your self serve what your easy roam rate is? 

I go to the states for 6 mths in the winter and periodically get this message.  I think it’s when I change networks, go to mexico and return, etc.  I do not get charged daily rate for having it turned on, I get free incoming texts, I do not use it for calls or sending texts.  I use my USA phone to check any voice mails.  I have no additional charges on my Koodo phone, and my USA phone unlmited calling/texting Canada, USA and Mexico is $14/mth (US)

Userlevel 1

I’m just as confused. My January and February bills say its going up to $11. My April bill says it is now $11. I’m trying to figure out what my cap is. Like you, when I went to check it says its now $12 and the cap is $240. So is the cap $240 if we are paying $11/mo or what? Koodo is the worst at these details. I’m likely to try a chat

Userlevel 1

I found the answer to my rate question on another post. This is a Koodo Rep, two days ago. Look like us who have had service a while are at $11/mo with $100 cap

Lavinia Koodo Official Rep

The Easy Roam caps are temporarily different depending on the type of Easy Roam active on the account.

Your $11 U.S. Easy Roam benefited from a limited-time promotion with a 30-day cap at $60 instead of $100, from January 13th to March 31st 2022.

Now that the promotion has ended, your monthly cap is back at $100, for usage that starts after April 1st 2022.

Since you have an older version of the U.S. Easy Roam, you’re not impacted by the price increase to $12/month or the cap increase to $240/month, as long as you keep this add-on on your line.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That is correct. But let me flag a rep to confirm. 

Hello!

@GHC43 that email is sent automatically by the system when a foreign tower is detected; I can confirm that, even though the Easy Roam rates were recently increased, your U.S. Easy Roam rate will remain $11, as long as you keep the add-on on your line.

@Eric P. that’s correct, the $11 version of the U.S. Easy Roam add-on will continue with the $100 cap for the time being.

P.S: The most accurate information regarding a Koodo account will always be found in Self Serve.

Userlevel 1

Hello!

@GHC43 that email is sent automatically by the system when a foreign tower is detected; I can confirm that, even though the Easy Roam rates were recently increased, your U.S. Easy Roam rate will remain $11, as long as you keep the add-on on your line.

@Eric P. that’s correct, the $11 version of the U.S. Easy Roam add-on will continue with the $100 cap for the time being.

P.S: The most accurate information regarding a Koodo account will always be found in Self Serve.

Self Serve does not list the cap for those of us paying $11/mo