Koodo Community
Solved

Live Agent

• 11 July 2023
  • 4 replies

I just had to move back from Canada to Ireland at short notice. Is it possible to talk to a live agent with Koodo without it being a callback? I'm trying to find some answers to if there's anything that can be done with assisting me setting up an eSIM but I don't really like the idea of an hours worth of internal minutes to deal with

icon

Best answer by Sophia 11 July 2023, 17:01

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What assistance do you need exactly? Do you already have an eSIM? We might be able to flag a rep for you with a few more details 🙂

Okay so with as much detail as possible - I was living in Canada but due to a personal matter I had to fly home last minute for a few months. I don't currently have an eSIM but was hoping to find a way to transfer my physical Sim over to an eSIM if that makes sense? I'd like to keep my canadian number for whatsapp etc.. but need an irish number set up as well for work and general needs also at same time. I can't find an answer online or via the ai chat that koodo was using. Also seeing as I'm in Ireland currently I don't want to have to pay for international minutes also.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I see… the issue is that for some crazy reason you need to visit a store to buy an eSIM code (don’t even ask...). So unless you have a friend who can visit a store for you and mail you the code, what you want isn’t possible. I also don’t really think that you are keen on keeping your current plan, am I right?

How long are you planning to stay in Ireland? If your aim is just to keep the number, it might be easiest to port your Canadian number to a VoIP service - that way you can still use it for WhatsApp etc without the additional costs of roaming.

Edit: I noticed you mentioned that you’ll be gone for just a few months. In that case, it might be easiest just to remove your SIM and keep your plan - especially if you have a good (grandfathered) plan. Your WhatsApp won’t need an active SIM card, so once that is running you don’t incur roaming. If you DO need to receive an SMS, all you need to do is switch back to your Canadian SIM to receive the code and then remove it again.

Sophia you've actually just solved all my issues. Thank you so much!!!