Koodo Community
Solved

Koodo Reps legitimacy

• 28 July 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello,

I am wondering if Koodo reps call customers with new promotions? I have had my current phone for a while now and had a phone call today from a Koodo rep talking about new promotions. I am just making sure it is no scam. Thanks! 

icon

Best answer by Mayumi 28 July 2022, 13:48

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes, they can call you with offers. I usually verify that they know who I am before I give sensitive information such as my PIN. I mean, they call me, so at the very least they should know my name and postal code (for example). If they don’t know that, I won’t talk to them at all and will treat them as a potential scammer.

He was not pushy at all, and did not ask for any personal information. He knew my name, what phone I am currently using, and which plan I currently have as well. It didn't seem like a scam, but I definitely left my guard up the entire time when I was on the phone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

And if I were you, I would ask them to put this offer/ promotion note on my account as well as the rep's name.

Then I call back Koodo to get the promo if I want. This way, I don't need to disclose my PIN and other information.