Skip to main content
Solved

Koodo Internet

• 21 July 2024
  • 6 replies

Question:

I read the instructions on how to install Koodo internet, It says connect the modem to the coaxial o the wall. I have internet through Accesscomm right now and that is the only coaxial I have. Koodo Internet requires coaxial to work ? It doesnt work via cell towers. How can it work using my Access coaxial input. I know maybe strange question but they are not clear when you call.

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there,

so yes it uses the coaxial port similar to your current Internet, it does not use cell towers. The coaxial port is a copper wire that feeds to the cables outside your house/apt. Those then run to a node, and then back to the isp network. A coaxial cable comes with the Koodo equipment, so you would unplug your current Accesscomm  equipment from the outlet and plug in the Koodo equipment. Then you’re good to go 🙂👍

Do you use Koodo internet, I live in Saskatchewan hard to find anyone here that uses it. Just want to know how well it works etc. I understand the coaxial thing now thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Sure 🙂 personally no as it’s not available at my address but I have friends who have it. They all seem to like it a lot and haven’t had issues. 

I did have one friend who was having problems, but it’s because they had too many devices connected to the network due to their smart home equipment. After taking some off they haven’t had issues since. Some others on here have had problems with the modem, but usually it’s just because it was defective and Koodo tend to quickly send out replacement equipment.

If I was in your shoes I would try it for a few weeks and see how it works and not get rid of my current Internet yet. If it didn’t work out, I would return the equipment and get my money back due to the 30 day money back guarantee they have 🙂👍

Thanks, I understand what you are saying Oliver, but Accesscomm installed the cable coaxial to my house. If I cancel Accesscomm from what I understand that line will be dead. So if i hook the Koodo modem to that coaxial line that was Access line it wont work. At least that is my understanding. It is not a shared ISP line. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So, if Koodo Internet is available at your address, Koodo rent the lines from whomever own them. In my area that is primarily Roger’s. You’re correct, if you no longer have Accesscom, the line will be shut off. If you sign up for Koodo Internet, they either rent the line from Accesscom and it just gets turned on again, under Koodo’s subscription and equipment but ultimately still Accesscom, or, if they rent from another isp in your area they will send a technician who will wire up a new line to the coax port. You have nothing to worry about if the address has qualified as Koodo takes care of the details 🙂👍

Thanks for all the info