Koodo Community
Question

Koodo Home Internet questions.

• 10 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi, considering purchasing Koodo home internet. 

1. I have rogers already. I want a second internet connection in my house. Can I keep rogers active in parallel with Koodo or will Koodo require use of the same internet cable from outside the house? 
  2. What modem is being used? Can it be set to bridge mode? 
  3. Who is the provider of the infrastructure Koodo is using? 
  4. How do we get support if the service goes down? 

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So if one is dsl and the other is cable, that should be no problem. If it’s both cable, you’d have to see if a second line needs to be run to the home or not. I could flag a rep to confirm what Koodo would require.

I’m pretty sure just about any modem/router can bridge. I can’t seem to find the actual model number of the router that Koodo is using. It looks to be the same router that Telus uses. This is the most info I could find: https://www.red-dot.org/project/telus-wi-fi-6-access-point-53828

The provider would have to depend on your region. IT’s currently available in MB, ON, and QC. I know that Telus purchased MTl basd Altima and London based Start last year. It is likely whatever these MVNO/TPIAs were using for their service areas. It’s not an easy answer as such.

Same way you get support from Koodo currently.

@Goran That would be great. I have rogers now so its not DSL. I would want to know what would be required if we already have a rogers line set up. 

Thanks for the rest of the info. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have flagged a rep for you

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@ccoelho Unfortunately, with Rogers, you can’t keep a parallel connection.  If it was Bell in your home you could.  Goran did answer your 2nd question but there is some extra info here in terms of what’s in the box:

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/whats-in-the-box

He also correctly stated that the infrastructure varies depending on the region and the neighborhood.  We have agreements with most providers.  We provide our own technical support related routers, modems and connectivity questions. If a line is cut and it happens to be one of the partners we service your neighborhood, we do rely on their ability to bring it back as quick as they can. Hope this helps to provide some added context.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

In which case I assume then that the modem is the Arcadyan NH20A and the router is the model “Telus Wi-Fi Hub?” adapted from the Arcadyan PRV65B444A-S-TS?

I do hope that, as part of the main tech oligopoly in Canada, that Koodo customers with service issues aren’t relegated to bottom priority of support, which was quite common when all these TPIAs were independent.