Koodo Community
Solved

Koodo ESIMs are now $25 each?

• 7 October 2022
  • 7 replies

Just picked up an eSIM from a Koodo booth. It is now $25 + tax.  Not sure why an eSIM is more expensive than a physical SIM ($5). 

icon

Best answer by Allan M 8 October 2022, 02:41

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Money grab. It's free almost everywhere else in the world. 

If you are not happy. You can change the country of living. 😄

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You criticize where you live yet you participate in society. Curious. I am smart.

Why try to make things better, ever?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Now you’re just plain trolling and you know it. Be careful not to invite a ban which would prevent you from your non stop complaining about your bill overage.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Postpaid esims from a Koodo/Telus corporate store should be $10 and the prepaid ones either $10 or $20 (they frequently are discounted for $10). This matches the price of the regular sims.

If you bought it from a Koodo dealer or retailer they may be priced higher.

Now you’re just plain trolling and you know it. Be careful not to invite a ban which would prevent you from your non stop complaining about your bill overage.

Lol. Go ahead. I'm asking for my rights.  I'm asking them for accountability. I pay for the service. I'm pretty sure you work for koodo or getting some benefits. 

Follow up: my wife also bought a new phone yesterday and this time we bought an eSIM from Fairview Mall Telus store. It was now $10. I bought mine 2 days earlier from the Koodo Booth inside Hillcrest Mall and it was $25 + tax. So clearly Koodo/Telus only charges $10 and their resellers charge whatever price they want to charge.

Lesson learned: Do not trust those retail booths in the malls. I will never deal with those people again.