Koodo Community
Question

Koodo callback response requires a 1 response doesn't work

• 30 May 2023
  • 1 reply

A month ago I received email from Koodo saying I had weak password (my password met spec I see in my account online). Tried logging on to my account found it locked. Tried logging in an hour later. Success but when I went into some functions got error message saying service not available. Used Koodo assist and after some crazy gymnastics got into callback mode. Received call back on my mobile phone and had no trouble reaching support. They would not confirm that the source of the email was from Koodo but hypothesized that someone was trying to access account and recommended password change. Did that.

So today I get Koodo email asking if I want to reset my password. Figured here we go again. This time my account was not locked but again some services were not available. Used Koodo assist and got into callback mode. Got callback as scheduled on my mobile phone but this time the callback request for a number 1 response to connect with support, was not recognized. After another request for a response was not recognized, it hung up and said it would call back shortly. It did. Same problem for all three callbacks.

I tried phoning the Koodo support line directly from my mobile phone. It requested number input to select options and apparently this telephone system had no problem recognizing my keypad entries.

Tried to schedule another callback through Koodo Assist, this time focusing on the ability to not get a number 1 response recognized, which ironically is the only way to talk to a human. Next available callback slot tomorrow morning. In case the inability of their phone system not recognizing the input was an iPhone problem, I scheduled the callback to my landline. That rubs me the wrong way because for security reasons I would have preferred to communicate with Koodo with my mobile phone tied to the Koodo network directly. I would be nervous if Koodo actually made changes to my account based on instructions from a non Koodo number.

So my question. Has anyone experienced similar probs with an iPhone phone keypad not being recognized by Koodo phone system?

I hate to consider the possibility that the Koodo phone system has been programmed to ignore the 1 response when a real agent is in fact not available on a callback.

I have been a Koodo customer with multiple lines for maaaany years. I have always been happy with the customer service that I have received from the human agents. The ability to request basic information  through an ANI (Artificial Non Intelligence) and the ability to schedule callback for more important matters, are welcome options. BUT THEY HAVE TO WORK! When customers are locked out of their account, apparently account being hack attacked, the call back system MUST WORK. There has to be a third option, a direct connect with an agent, within a reasonable wait time, for serious issues. Koodo can monetize that option, if in fact the call is not serious, they are already doing that for all human agent calls, but if it is a problem of their own doing, so be it, it’s on their coin.

While I’m on a roll, I would also like to say I agree with others in this forum, that 2 factor authorization being implemented, would go a long way in making me feel more secure about my account. 

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I didn't experience with iPhone keypad response. I guess it might be a glitch of their system. Which iPhone model was it? I recommend you use a different number to see if the issue follows.

Koodo assist can work with non-koodo device and it should work with any Canadian number. I don't think the hacker is sophisticated enough to hack into your conversation between you and Koodo when using a non-koodo devices.