Koodo Community
Solved

Is koodoservice@mail.koodomobile.com legit?

• 21 March 2023
  • 5 replies

I received an email from koodoservice@mail.koodomobile.com

it says my son’s number is roaming on a USA network.

I know exactly where he is and he is not even close to the states. 

is that a scam? And if so, what the hell? 

icon

Best answer by Bernard Koodo 21 March 2023, 02:25

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That is a legit email.

You will get this when the cellphone is close enough to connect to a US tower. May not necessarily be in the US but would be close enough to it to connect to a tower.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@danyismyname Is this something like what you received?

Based on the address we have for your account,  it is not far from the US boarder. And occasionally signals from US towers connect to people’s phones in Canada.  There may stil not be any roaming charge on your bill but pls keep an eye out and if it does appear simply schedule a quick callback and we will credit it back.  Also, one way to prevent this is to change the settings under cellular →  network selection →  switch to manual.  I hope this helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

This article goes into a bit more detail 

I will keep my eyes open for any charges.

He was definitely not in the States. 

It is so hard to contact customer service in this company, so I appreciate your reply. 

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I will keep my eyes open for any charges.

He was definitely not in the States. 

It is so hard to contact customer service in this company, so I appreciate your reply. 

Thank you!

To prevent this from happening again, make sure to manually select the network to Koodo, so it would not automatically connect to a nearby U.S. cellular tower. He will need to do it every time he restarts his phone.