Koodo Community
Question

Incoming calls terminating first

• 7 June 2023
  • 9 replies

Hello, 

I have noticed that for time now, every incoming calls are terminating first. After answering the call, I will see an initial missed call. If I don't answer the call, then I will see 2 missed calls.

Please what may be causing this? And how can I resolve it?

Thanks 

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That was strange. Did it happen in the past?

Which plan are you on? And which phone model are you using?

Thank you for the reply Dinh. I think I mentioned this is a new development so it cannot be something I have experienced in the past.

I am using ss23 plus.

Thanks once again.

Does this have anything to do with plan?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Make sure do not disturb mode is not on.

When do not disturb mode is on, there is an option to only allow the call to ring on the 2nd attempt

Hello Dennis, 

Thanks very much for the feedback. But I just checked and the 'do not disturb ' mode is off.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

As you mentioned this is the 1st time you used the phone with Koodo, the issue could be compatibility. Could you check if you set network mode to auto hspa/Lte? As well, have you checked if the SIM worked normally in another phone?

Thanks for the reply Dinh,

I bought this phone from Koodo since September 2022. I never used it on any other network before. What I tried to explain was that,  I started noticing this  first incoming calls terminating about 2 months or so. I never had this problem since I started using the phone until recently. 

Secondly,  I have network setting as LTE/ WCDMA/GSM( auto connect). Could that be a problem? 

Please how do I set up the  hspat/lte auto as you suggested? 

Thanks once again

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

LTE/ WCDMA/GSM( auto connect) is fine.

When you have some time, please test and check a friend/family who calls you while you are next to them to see what happens with your phone.  Try with it locked, unlocked, on the home screen, etc.  If the call even appears on the screen or if it is just a silenced call but it still comes up on the screen etc.

Try to test and check to see the exact conditions so you can repeat when the issue occurs

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks for the reply Dinh,

I bought this phone from Koodo since September 2022. I never used it on any other network before. What I tried to explain was that,  I started noticing this  first incoming calls terminating about 2 months or so. I never had this problem since I started using the phone until recently. 

Secondly,  I have network setting as LTE/ WCDMA/GSM( auto connect). Could that be a problem? 

Please how do I set up the  hspat/lte auto as you suggested? 

Thanks once again

If the phone was purchased from Koodo, it should be fine on Koodo network. As Dennis mentioned the network mode should be ok.

As the issue seems to be a firmware issue. First I recommend you reset network settings of the phone. If that doesn't help, I think you can try reset the phone to its default factory settings.