Koodo Community
Question

I need a different way to contact Koodo Support

• 27 August 2022
  • 8 replies

I have tried everything under the sun to get in contact with Koodo, but they seem to only have 1 single option: the robo-chat. The main problem I’m having is that certain phone numbers seem to be shadow blocked (I have looked in every sub menu and the permissions. I have tried different phone apps, and everything else the wide internet can suggest). My boos and mother have not been able to call my phone or leave a message (though they can sometimes leave a message).

The main issue, is the koodo callback number seems to be included in this list of somehow-blocked numbers; all i can get is voicemails from them. My phone does not ring, there is nothing in the call logs (not even showing a call was blocked) ; I just get a notification about 15 mins later that I have a voicemail.

This means that I have an issue that the bot cannot fathom, and I have absolutely no way of getting a callback from their support. I can make an outgoing call, but their support number just says to ‘go try the robo chat’ and wont let me talk to a person. I NEED to get this resolved, my boss needs to call me for work, and my mother has no way to contact me during emergencies.

Is there any solution to this at all? or is there an email or secret phone number I can call to get in contact with Koodo?

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Which phone are you using? Also, I assumed you didn’t put your phone to “do not disturb mode”. There was a specific settings in iOS and Android to block certain calls. I am not sure if you were able to access that function. You could also reschedule a call back to a different number of you choice. It doesn’t have to be a Koodo number.

anyway, you can post your questions here. Someone might be able to assist.

Which phone are you using? Also, I assumed you didn’t put your phone to “do not disturb mode”. There was a specific settings in iOS and Android to block certain calls. I am not sure if you were able to access that function. You could also reschedule a call back to a different number of you choice. It doesn’t have to be a Koodo number.

anyway, you can post your questions here. Someone might be able to assist.

I have a samsung Note 9. I have checked all the settings I can find, and I dont think it has anything to do with the phone itself, as most other people can easily call me at any time; it is just a select few people who cannot connect in any way (and it seems to be the most crucial people, boss, mother, koodo support lol)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have a samsung Note 9. I have checked all the settings I can find, and I dont think it has anything to do with the phone itself, as most other people can easily call me at any time; it is just a select few people who cannot connect in any way (and it seems to be the most crucial people, boss, mother, koodo support lol)

Have you checked if you accidentally blocked their number in the block list?

When they called, what did they hear? were they sent directly to the voicemail even when you were connected to Koodo network at that moment?

Have you checked if you accidentally blocked their number in the block list?

When they called, what did they hear? were they sent directly to the voicemail even when you were connected to Koodo network at that moment?

I have checked all the blocked lists as well as app permissions. And there was no rings, and the call does not show up in any call logs (not even that the call got bounced). The voicemail takes about 15 mins to show up as a notification on my phone (tested that with my mother). I was connected with full bars, and on wifi when koodo seemingly blocked their own number from connecting to my phone. This has persisted for several months, and I have checked everything simple (settings, permissions, updates, third party apps, blocked lists, etc) nothing seems to work; I have come to the conclusion that Koodo is marking my mother’s number as spam or something and not allowing it to connect; though im not sure why they thought it was a good idea to do that to their own support number as well

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I assumed you didn’t have call control in your service. I don’t think any carrier would block customer incoming calls (especially only important numbers).

I suggest you put your SIM in another phone and test. If that phone shows similar behavior, there could be other factors.

I assumed you didn’t have call control in your service. I don’t think any carrier would block customer incoming calls (especially only important numbers).

I suggest you put your SIM in another phone and test. If that phone shows similar behavior, there could be other factors.

I can try to source one to try that, but im not sure how easy that’ll be. I do appreciate the help though.

I may also try to use my friend’s phone to get a callback from the support

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You could take the SIM out from your phone and put it in another phone. For me, it would take under 1 minute. I am not sure if that was difficult to someone. You would just need another phone.

You could take the SIM out from your phone and put it in another phone. For me, it would take under 1 minute. I am not sure if that was difficult to someone. You would just need another phone.

Finding the other phone would be the hard part; It will be super easy to swap a sim swap.

I may have to wait until I can get a friend over to borrow a phone. I will try to update after trying that