Koodo Community
Question

How to get in contact with help when abroad?

• 14 October 2022
  • 2 replies

I am currently in the UK with a UK phone number. I have ported my Canadian phone number to an online service so that I could keep the number I’ve had for years without having to pay $15 a month for it. I have to come home for a funeral and would like to reactivate my old sim and port my number back for the time I will be back in Canada. Unfortunately Koodo help is pretty useless now that it has to start with an online chat, as they will not call my UK number so I can’t schedule a callback. Every time I have tried calling it says it will text me to start the process but I do not get the texts.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can get in contact with koodo from my UK phone?

Or does anyone know how I can port my number back to the my deactivated sim card? Is that even possible or would I have to order a new sim card?

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

How long ago did you port your number out? Chances are pretty high that you won’t be able to reinstate your old line and SIM card because once you port out, your Koodo account is closed.

So you’d need a new SIM card and port your number back in. Since you will only be back in Canada temporarily, you might as well consider prepaid.

Also, sorry for your loss.

Ported it out less than 2 months ago.
Thank you for the suggestion! I’ll be looking into prepaid sims instead.

Thanks again!