Koodo Community
Solved

How do I reactivate an old phone number while outside of Canada?

Hello Guys,

Thank you for your time!

I was a koodo customer until not long ago. I came to China and so suspended my phone number. Now I saw that the suspension is already expired so I lost my phone number as well as my self-service account. I am still in China, which means I don’t have a valid Canada phone number to schedule a callback. I don’t have a valid self-service account anymore neither. How do I get back my old phone number and start re-subscribing? I really need the number, I filled all documents using that number. 

I cannot schedule a callback as I am in China without a valid Canada phone number right now. I cannot find the email address for koodo customer service either (believe they do not have one). What should I do?

I am so desperate, thank you so much for your help.

By the way, I will return to Canada soon. But I need to get my number back before that for many reasons. 

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Dennis 5 June 2022, 07:09

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you put your phone in a seasonal hold for $15/month?

When did you leave Canada? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there @Nan Jiang !  Unfortunately, since your account has been cancelled for more than 90 days, it will not be possible to reactive your old phone number. You will need to activate a new account with a new number once you return. You may do so online or at any Koodo store. 

Note: You will save the $50 connection fee if you process your activation online. 

Hi there @Nan Jiang !  Unfortunately, since your account has been cancelled for more than 90 days, it will not be possible to reactive your old phone number. You will need to activate a new account with a new number once you return. You may do so online or at any Koodo store. 

Note: You will save the $50 connection fee if you process your activation online. 

Hello,

Can I still activate a new account with the old phone number? Your agent told me that if the number is still available then I can still buy it as a new number when I suspended my number. Thank you so much.