Skip to main content
Solved

how can i unsubscribe while im outside of canada

• 21 May 2024
  • 2 replies

I am in Japan and I closed my account through chat bot on the website.

However, I am somehow still in a subscription plan and getting charged even though I am not using Koodo service.

I tried to call but the only way to reach out to them is using call back which you can set up through chatbot. But you have to have Canadian phone number since chatbot only let you input Canadian phone number.

So I am getting charged for nothing but there is no way for me to call and even send the email to make a request.

Those are the reasons why I am writing this post here and hopefully Koodo stuff read this and solve this problem.

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there,

so yeah you’re correct, Koodo keep their Stream + and Internet as a “subscription add on” now so even though you cancelled the phone number with the company those other services are still available too you. Are you still able to login to your self serve? As you should be able to remove the subscription on there. For stream + check out this link  https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/stream-plus And for Internet https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/how-do-i-cancel-my-koodo-internet-subscription If not, if a rep sees this post they will respond here but in the mean time you can actually talk to a rep through Koodo’s Facebook or X profiles and they can help you there too. I advise you do that as well in case they don’t read the post. I hope this helps 🙂👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Kaiya 

We have reviewed the account and can see the charges on the last bill are forwarded from the previous bills. It’s about data top up charges, but we can confirm the account was canceled back in March.

You still remain responsible for the final bill and any additional charges incurred.

For more info about the usage, plesae download the PDF bill in self serve and check the March bill