Koodo Community
Question

High/Abnormal Data Usage

• 8 October 2021
  • 2 replies

There have been many threads on this but have not seen anyone post evidence to show data usage from their phones to rule out apps draining data in the background. I’m experiencing the same thing as everyone has said, random blocks of exactly 100.00 MB of data being used, sometimes more (as much as 1600.00 MB in my case). Yesterday I received an automated text stating I’ve used 90% of my data for this billing cycle.

Here are some screenshots showing what the built in android data tracker is reporting vs what Koodo is reporting. I don’t expect them to be exactly the same but when the difference is about 6 GBs, something is definitely wrong.  I don’t think rogue apps are to blame here.

Phone: Pixel 4 - Build RQ3A.211001.001 (October 2021 update)

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So you're telling me the first 2 weeks you have used 0 data? Were you on vacation or something? Looks like the data tracker wasn't active during that time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It was odd to see no usage for earlier days of that billing cycle as Robert mentioned. Did you recall you put the SIM somewhere else? Can you go to selfserve and see if Koodo reported anything during those days?

I saw you use wifi hotspot and tethering to share data. Those can actually consume a huge amount of data.

Regarding the 100mb/20/200/etc block, it is the way their system are working. If you are in doubt,you could always monitor and dispute with them. However, if they reported differently in block of 101, 222mb, would you believe them?