Koodo Community
Solved

Have phone, no data.

• 18 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Signed up with koodo but Phone works, but no Internet (data).  Yes, I have the 1g/Month Data. 

No data, should be cheaper, but I still pay for no data. 

Phone - doesn’t matter - point ids, @ the retailer, they asked a real human being at Koodo, and my phone is standard and does receive phone in. 

I’m told that phone is set properly, I have been told to ask Koodo to enable data. Well, the salespeople and I had  good laugh. over that.

1. Cannot access Internet unless I use a local modem and know the modems access data. 
  2. Can dial out, and hear the other end, but they cannot hear me. 
  3. Cannot find a human that can enable the data part. 

~r

icon

Best answer by Dinh 18 February 2023, 02:07

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
  1. Cannot access Internet unless I use a local modem and know the modems access data. 

~r

Let’s try to get you up and running or at least point you in the best direction to help you out.

I just have some follow up questions to try and narrow down the issue.

Can others call you? Can you send and receive texts?

Did you port a number to Koodo?

Is this a Koodo phone?  What phone is it?

Which provider were you with previously and did the service work on this same device?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It seems your phone wasn't compatible with Koodo network. Which phone are you using?

Also, if data didn't work, make sure the APN was set correctly as per this https://www.koodomobile.com/help/setting-data-your-non-koodo-phone

~r

Let’s try to get you up and running or at least point you in the best direction to help you out.

I just have some follow up questions to try and narrow down the issue.

Can others call you? Can you send and receive texts?

Did you port a number to Koodo?

Is this a Koodo phone?  What phone is it?

Which provider were you with previously and did the service work on this same device?

The phone was set up at the retailer.
The phone is a Librem L5 latest release. 
I’ve only been with Koodo - this is my first cell and handcuff :)

I appreciate your taking the time to help. Without volunteers like yourself, we’d all be in trouble.

~r

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You got a special device, was the model L5 for us market? Or just generic L5 model?

You definitely check out the APN link above to setup data. Phone running Linux is something rare in the community.

It seems your phone wasn't compatible with Koodo network. Which phone are you using?

Also, if data didn't work, make sure the APN was set correctly as per this https://www.koodomobile.com/help/setting-data-your-non-koodo-phone

You nailed it! The default setting was incorrect, and the link was easy to follow and understand. 
I would have replied sooner, but had other issues to attend to. 

Thanks very much, and to everyone else too with ideas.
~r