Koodo Community
Question

Gave out koodo account number

• 18 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Someone called claiming to be with Koodo and Bell. 
a family member gave account numbers. Can they change their account number or what is an immediate action to take? Waiting for a scheduled call back from koodo but not for a few hours and want to take action now. What can I do? 

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Do you have access to your Self Serve account?

Check that you still have access to your Self Serve account. As a precaution, change the passwords on the account(s). It’s not so much about changing account numbers and more about accessing the account and using services fraudulently. On the other hand, it may have been a legitimate call. Wait for the callback and find out what the rep has to say. Still, change the passwords on the accounts just to be safe.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Koodo and bell? That's odd. Koodo is owned by Telus. Unless it's someone with a mobile seller in general, it sounds a bit off. I'd think password changes are a good precaution and make sure you've got your recovery password options up to date.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Do you know the number she received the call from?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Someone called claiming to be with Koodo and Bell. 
a family member gave account numbers. Can they change their account number or what is an immediate action to take? Waiting for a scheduled call back from koodo but not for a few hours and want to take action now. What can I do? 

That sounds extremely fishy. To make sure that you do not become a victim of SIM swap fraud, I would suggest you to ask the rep to include Port Fraud Protection on your plans once you receive your callback. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/port-fraud-protection