Koodo Community
Question

Fraud!

• 16 December 2022
  • 8 replies

HELP! My phone was stolen and hacked and I just got back into my Gmail account luckily and found emails from Koodo congratulating me, etc. This absolutely was NOT my doing, I feel like I'm going in circles trying to get everything back to normal! What do I do!!! 

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Do you still have access to your Self Serve account?

If so, log in and report the phone lost/stolen, (rep flagged to look into this).

Userlevel 6

And report it to your local Police.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So definitely secure all your accounts (especially your email). Change any and all passwords depending on how secure your stolen phone was. 

Now are you an exisiting koodo customer? Did the fraudster sign you up as a new customer? Or did they buy something under your koodo account? What exactly did they do and what is the Koodo email congratulating you for? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @KirstyOrtmanns 

Sorry for the late reply here!

We have just sent you a PM, so we can gather more info and further assist. 

Thanks for all the help,  I just bought a new phone completely and new SIM card but still wondering about the account that was made, if I'm gonna end up being charged money, etc ... Just the usual questions 

I'm just going to send a screenshot if that's ok

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

To prevent the person who stole your phone from racking up charges, you will need to blacklist your stolen phone. This prevents the phone from being used with any carrier in Canada and may prevent use in other participating countries.

Flo Koodo may have already suggested the blacklist option in the private message you received. It’s possible that Flo Koodo is trying to restore your account and needs more information to assist you. 

We, (Mobile Masters) are not privy to the information shared in private messages between the customer and the official Koodo rep.

You are welcome to post a screenshot here. Please remove any information which could identify you, as this is a public forum. If sending the screenshot to Flo Koodo, that should not be a problem.

Here is an example of one of the emails I received.