Koodo Community
Solved

Forwarding to my phone says "blocked"

I recently started volunteering at a crisis line. During out shifts calls are forwarded to our phone numbers via a private line. Callers call a public number, select 1 to access the crisis line, and then are patched through to us. However when I am on call the calls are blocked - it says "Sorry the line is busy" even though I'm not on the phone on my end. 

How can I solve this problem? 

icon

Best answer by Dinh 26 June 2022, 21:35

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I assumed you have checked if your number was enter correctly in the forwarding system. 

If the phone said “blocked”, the number (from crisis line) might have been blocked in your phone. Which phone are you using? Can you check if you have blocked it? Also , do you have “call control” feature in your account? 

Hi Dinh! Yes, they’ve triple confirmed it’s the correct number. I am using a Google 4a with 5g. I previously had call control on, but I turned it off before accepting this role. The number I should receive calls from is a private number (that’s all it says), so I don’t know if or how to check if it’s on my block number list. Thanks for the reply!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi Dinh! Yes, they’ve triple confirmed it’s the correct number. I am using a Google 4a with 5g. I previously had call control on, but I turned it off before accepting this role. The number I should receive calls from is a private number (that’s all it says), so I don’t know if or how to check if it’s on my block number list. Thanks for the reply!

You can follow this to unblock the “unknown / private” callers https://support.google.com/phoneapp/answer/6325463?hl=en

Ooh thanks for that link. I’ve followed that, although the toggle wasn’t “on” to block private callers. So odd. but I have also unblocked all numbers there (mostly old spam, i’ll manage!). Hope this helps, thank you!