Koodo Community
Solved

Easy Roam - Charged while in Canada

I was charged for Easy Roam without leaving Canada.  I received a roaming alert on June 30, 2023 while travelling from Kamloops to London Ontario on West Jet.   My only layover was in Calgary, Alberta.

How do I have the charge removed?

icon

Best answer by Boa_Guy Koodo 17 July 2023, 17:03

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I was charged for Easy Roam without leaving Canada.  I received a roaming alert on June 30, 2023 while travelling from Kamloops to London Ontario on West Jet.   My only layover was in Calgary, Alberta.

How do I have the charge removed?

Have you already received your bill? Can you provide a screenshot with a detailed list of charges? 

Thanks for the quick response - I have not yet received the bill.  Just a notice of easy roaming charge by email.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks for the quick response - I have not yet received the bill.  Just a notice of easy roaming charge by email.

I would wait for the bill to show an actual charge. When you received it, you can either come back here or contact Koodo directly, a rep should be able to refund it for you.

Hello,

I have received my bill.  It includes Easy Roam US  for 2 days.

Please remove the charges.  I did not enter into the United States during the billing period.

I would prefer not to screen shot my bill and post it here for privacy.

Thank you,

Jesse

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there @Mtbrydgesman   We have looked into your account, and we could see that you didn’t leave the country, therefore we have been able to apply the necessary credits to your account. 

To prevent this from happening again, you should manually select your network to Koodo, so your device would not automatically connect to a nearby U.S. cellular tower. 

Here is a helpful article as well. 

Thank you for your help and for the suggestion.

Best,

Jesse

The same thing has happened to me again while in a town (Cardston, Alberta) close to the USA border. This has happened before while visiting in this same town a few years ago. 
I did not use USA Easy Roam. At all. I received my bill. The date is correct for when I was near the USA border, however, I did not use USA Easy Roam. Please remove the charges. Thank you. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The same thing has happened to me again while in a town (Cardston, Alberta) close to the USA border. This has happened before while visiting in this same town a few years ago. 
I did not use USA Easy Roam. At all. I received my bill. The date is correct for when I was near the USA border, however, I did not use USA Easy Roam. Please remove the charges. Thank you. 

It should be noted that this post is over a month old. You can make a new one by scrolling to the top of the page and click “Create New Post”. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there @nedhale 

We verified the situation and we were able to see that you did not leave the country. A credit was issued for the charge. 

You will be able to see the changes in the overview section of your Self Serve account. 

To prevent this from happening again, you should manually select your network to Koodo, so your device would not automatically connect to a nearby U.S. cellular tower. 

I would recommend checking our article here

Boa_Guy Koodo

​​​​​​​

I was charged easyroam while I was still in Canada. How do I fix this?