Koodo Community
Question

Does my account pin stop someone from porting out my number?

• 7 October 2022
  • 2 replies

I've been hacked on one of my social media accounts. The individual is trying hard to get my phone number from friends. Assuming they can do some damage with my number like porting it out or something. 

I have an account pin for my koodo account, does that provide any protection from getting my number stolen?

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I've been hacked on one of my social media accounts. The individual is trying hard to get my phone number from friends. Assuming they can do some damage with my number like porting it out or something. 

I have an account pin for my koodo account, does that provide any protection from getting my number stolen?

Koodo offers port protection to prevent this kind of situation. You can schedule a callback through Koodo Assist to add the feature. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/port-fraud-protection

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Koodo also uses two factor authentication for port requests, meaning that a confirmation text would be sent to your phone that you would need to respond to before your number could be ported out.