Koodo Community
Question

Data usage

• 29 July 2022
  • 4 replies

Hello

This is my first time with Koodo, I can’t understand where all my data goes. Before ending the bill cycle I got a message that I have used my 100% data and it was an emergency that time which made me purchase 500 MB for $17.00 and after 3-4 days again I got the same message of 100% used. Infact, I have used my data just for messages. Can you please help me the place I’m working doesn’t have a wifi. I can only see the updates when reaching home this is a big problem for me and I can’t purchase the data again. Additionally, it won’t allow me to send any text message even my package says it’s unlimited. 

Thank you! 

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What kind of phone do you have?

In your data settings there should be a section that tells you what’s using what.

Our phones are constantly using data in the background even when we don’t realize it and 500MB isn’t a whole lot so to be used in 3-4 days seems normal.

I’m using Xs max, why on my Koodo account it shows I have used 4,595.99 MB when clicking on view details otherwise it shows 4.5/4.5 GB used? 
So, in data settings I have to switch off the usage of data on apps that’s doesn’t seems much important ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’m using Xs max, why on my Koodo account it shows I have used 4,595.99 MB when clicking on view details otherwise it shows 4.5/4.5 GB used? 
So, in data settings I have to switch off the usage of data on apps that’s doesn’t seems much important ? 

It’s just the way that the web page rounds the number in certain places.

On an iPhone if you go into your settings, cellular, then scroll down it’ll show all the apps and how much data they are using. From here you can find out what’s using the most and then plan accordingly.

Alright. Thank you so much!