Koodo Community
Solved

data usage

• 6 October 2021
  • 5 replies

I am 5 days into my cycle and I got a text saying I’ve used over 5G. I’ve never used 5 G in a whole

month before. When I check on self serve it shows that I’m at 6521/10240, but when I click on view details it shows I’ve only used 518.1641 MB. That’s a pretty massive difference. Which one will Koodo use? Will j get overage charges if the first one is wrong or will it use the detailed number? This is my first month with Koodo so I’m not sure if I should be calling them or if someone can help me here. Thanks! 

icon

Best answer by MilkyWay 7 October 2021, 06:36

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Could you share some screenshots of where you see the 6521/10240 and the 518MB in self serve?

Now I checked again and it’s showing this from yesterday. I was on wifi all day except for my drive home where I listened to a video. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Now I checked again and it’s showing this from yesterday. I was on wifi all day except for my drive home where I listened to a video. 

How long was the video? Did you stream it in 4K resolution? Generally speaking, you could be using up to 7.2GB per hour. https://inews.co.uk/news/technology/data-netflix-youtube-spotify-how-much-streaming-video-music-mobile-internet-allowance-388089

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Youtube has this nasty feature that’s called “Auto Video Quality” which will stream @ up to 4K if your connection is stable enough for that even though you’re on cellular data. I recommend enabling data saver or changing the feature so that it stream in 480p when on cell data (which IMO, should be enable by default)