Koodo Community
Solved

data did not work when travelling in Ontario

• 20 August 2021
  • 3 replies

My texting data and internet work fine when in Toronto but when I went to Minden Ontario for several weeks the internet did not work in most locations there. The coverage map says it should be available. It was working last year. I have a lot of GB available. Android phone. 

icon

Best answer by Robert T 20 August 2021, 19:05

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Which phone are you using? when you mentioned “internet”, you meant data? At that certain time, was your call and text working?

Also, Did it happen indoor or outdoor? was there anyone having the same issue in that area?

I'm using an Alcatel phone. Other people with different cell providers had more times when they could connect to the internet than I did. The phone is fine in other places. I believe that the problem is the Telus coverage in that area. If it really doesn't work the map should say that. It worked fine last year with the same phone, plan and location. I was able to use my phone as a hotspot then. What has changed?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Maybe there were more clouds, rain in a certain are, fire smoke. All those things affect coverage. The map, is just a map of where you should have coverage. Good or not, there’s nothing confirming that. I use https://www.opensignal.com to see how good is the connection in a certain spot.