Koodo Community
Solved

changed number in self service but it didnt change

I changed my number using the self service. It shows up as the new number on the account but it is not active; people still have to call and text my old number and get a 'number not in service' message when trying the new number. Its been a few hours. Any idea why? Thanks

icon

Best answer by Sophia 5 April 2023, 20:54

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you tried rebooting your phone yet to trigger the number change?

Have you tried rebooting your phone yet to trigger the number change?

Yes thanks i forgot to mention that; I have done restarts as well as full power down.

Oops sorry - not solved yet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Honestly no…. It shouldn't be for this long. If it's still an issue (since it's been 2 hours since your last post) let us know and we can flag a rep to look into it

Honestly no…. It shouldn't be for this long. If it's still an issue (since it's been 2 hours since your last post) let us know and we can flag a rep to look into it

Still an issue unfortunately!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Flagged a rep for you!

Flagged a rep for you!

Thank you!

I will head to a koodo kiosk today and inquire

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @BB23 

We have looked into it on our end, and we can see that the change was successful and the new phone number appears active. 

If you have an alternate phone number, we recommend scheduling a call back https://koo.do/Chat so our tech support can look into it further. 

Hm interesting.  Phone calls still say no service and texts dont arrive. If i dont have an alternate phone number for a call back, is this something that could be fixed in person at a kiosk? 

Thanks again

Please I am having the same problem.  I moved from another province.  My partner and I are on the same account but with different numbers.  I changed the numbers the other day online.  Mine works fine but when I call his, it says it is not active and if I call his old number from the other province, it rings and he can answer.   I see that the two new numbers are well in the system on my account but when I call his number, it says the number is not available or the line has not been activated.   Help please and thank you.

Please I am having the same problem.  I moved from another province.  My partner and I are on the same account but with different numbers.  I changed the numbers the other day online.  Mine works fine but when I call his, it says it is not active and if I call his old number from the other province, it rings and he can answer.   I see that the two new numbers are well in the system on my account but when I call his number, it says the number is not available or the line has not been activated.   Help please and thank you.

I have made a completely new post regarding my issue.  Thank you.   Help Please.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have made a completely new post regarding my issue.  Thank you.   Help Please.

New post is here