Koodo Community
Solved

Cellular drops out randomally

Hello,

I am having an issue with my cellular data.  Randomly throughout the day, my cellular data drops out and I am no longer able to access the internet.  This issue happens four or so times a week for me and lasts for a variable amount of time.  This is a major issue when I need to use my cellular data.  How do I go about fixing this issue?

icon

Best answer by Darius Koodo 13 June 2023, 20:24

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

There could be many potential reasons for that though. How was the signal in your area and which phone model are you using?

As well, have you tried to restart and reset network settings of the phone to see if it can help?

I live near downtown Vancouver so the cellular signal is very strong.  I have an iPhone 13, updated to the latest software.  I tried restarting the phone but that did not solve the issue.  Any other potential fixes?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you try you sim in another phone (friend or family member or coworker) and try their sim in your phone and see if the issue follows your phone or your sim.

Has your phone worked properly with koodo before?  When did the network issues start happening?

Hi Dennis,

I see how swapping the sims could narrow the problem towards a phone problem or Koodo sim problem, but the issue with this solution is that my cellular signal drops out randomly, 4 times a week on average, therefore I would have to keep someone else’s sim in my phone for over a week, which I do not want to do.  I signed on with Koodo about a year ago and the network issue started happening about 2 months ago.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi Dennis,

I see how swapping the sims could narrow the problem towards a phone problem or Koodo sim problem, but the issue with this solution is that my cellular signal drops out randomly, 4 times a week on average, therefore I would have to keep someone else’s sim in my phone for over a week, which I do not want to do.  I signed on with Koodo about a year ago and the network issue started happening about 2 months ago.

Do you have any friends or family or co workers who use Telus/Koodo who are also experiencing the same thing?

I do not have any friends who are experiencing a similar issue

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If the issue was intermittent, it is very hard to pinpoint the exact issue. If you had location and time of the incident as well as what app you were running at the time, it might help other to know more.

As well, You mentioned you restarted but have you reset network settings of the phone yet? That can resolve many network issue.

I reset my network my network settings yesterday, but the outage happened again today around 3:20pm near Safeway groccery on west broadway in Vancouver.  Please help with more potential solutions to this issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I reset my network my network settings yesterday, but the outage happened again today around 3:20pm near Safeway groccery on west broadway in Vancouver.  Please help with more potential solutions to this issue.

It could be some kind of interference resulting in a loss of cell phone signal. Is this happening when you are in a big-box retailer store?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Since it is intermittent and random, I suggest using an old phone that’s lying around (or borrow from a friend or family member) or buying a new sim and swap to the new sim to test out what could be the issue

Hi Dennis,

Given how I am using an iPhone 13 updated to the latest software, I see it more likely that the issue is related to the sim rather than the iphone.  Is it possible to request from Koodo a new sim for free, while keeping the same phone number?  

And responding to @MilkyWay the loss of cellphone signal has happened multiple times when exiting Safeway, but the outage also occurs at other locations too around Metro Vancouver. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Typically, the replacement sim is not free. Let me flag a rep to see if they can help you out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello @lorax345 

If you tried all the troubleshooting steps mentioned above and in the help page, the only option would be to reach out to our tech support team directly.

They can assist with a more detailed troubleshooting in order to be 100% sure that the situation is resolved.

If the situation results in the SIM card being at fault, they have the steps necessary to provide a solution in resolving that as well. 

You can schedule a call-back request via our KOODO Virtual Assistant and one of our colleagues will be with you as soon as possible. 

Just came across this post as I’m having the same issue! My data drops out almost daily at this point and sometimes multiple times during the day. When this happens pages don’t even attempt to load - it just goes straight to ‘no internet’ - so it’s not a weak signal situation. It often happens when I’m travelling along W Broadway (noting that the original poster had an outage occur at Safeway W Broadway).   I can almost always resolve the issue by restarting my phone but it is becoming very frustrating at this point. 

I have an iPhone 14 pro with the latest software installed and I have reset my network settings. I’ve been a Koodo customer for about six weeks but the issue started when I moved to Kits about a month ago. I also have an e Sim installed.

Any help would be appreciated! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Just came across this post as I’m having the same issue! My data drops out almost daily at this point and sometimes multiple times during the day. When this happens pages don’t even attempt to load - it just goes straight to ‘no internet’ - so it’s not a weak signal situation. It often happens when I’m travelling along W Broadway (noting that the original poster had an outage occur at Safeway W Broadway).   I can almost always resolve the issue by restarting my phone but it is becoming very frustrating at this point. 

I have an iPhone 14 pro with the latest software installed and I have reset my network settings. I’ve been a Koodo customer for about six weeks but the issue started when I moved to Kits about a month ago. I also have an e Sim installed.

Any help would be appreciated! 

It should be noted that this post is over a month old. You can make a new one by scrolling to the top of the page and click “Create New Post”.