Koodo Community
Question

cant update billing/shipping address

• 6 December 2022
  • 8 replies

Hi, I’m having a hard time updating my shipping/billing address. I have a rural address that the system doesn’t recognize. I emailed Koodo and a few days later received a reply saying it was a Canada post issue. I talked to two Canada post representatives and both confirmed my address was in their system. They said they receive a few calls a week for this very issue. Would it be possible for a Koodo rep to get ahold of me and we could get the address manually put in? I ended up getting 2 phones in store and paying a $50 activation fee that I was really trying to avoid but I couldn’t seem to get through to Koodo to talk to a representative. Finally the last email said “the request was unfortunately outside of our scope” and that I’d have to go through Koodo assist or schedule a call back. Which I found almost impossible to line up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Cowabunga123 Are you able to find your address in the Canada Post verification system here?

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/ac/

No it doesn’t show up. How can you help me with this

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Cowabunga123 You did have a RR1 address before. Did you change that back to the current one as it wasn’t accurate? 

@Bernard Koodo The RR1 address before was actually only part of the address. It was missing the site and box number. There’s about a dozen sites with up to 50 box numbers per site so I didn’t want to risk sending 2 new phones to only a partial address. I updated the address on the Koodo site to my parents address because in the past if I’ve had issue getting something mailed to me I would just send it to their address instead. But when I tried to check out it didn’t want to accept payment since my credit card is linked to my rural address also which the system can’t find. So I tried to change the address back to the RR1 address and it wouldn’t accept it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Cowabunga123 I totally understand the furstration.  I don’t beleive Canada Post rep was telling you full story. Yes, your address is in their system (which we leverage) except it’s not the full address.  Which you experienced yourself trying to look it up on their site.  In any case we will help to fix that. 

Update: everything should be fixed ow. 

@Bernard Koodo Thanks so much for your help. I just logged in and it shows my address as RR1 again. Just want to confirm that it does have the Site number and box number on your end? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Cowabunga123 Yes, it does.

@Bernard Koodo Thanks again.